Since August, 2011, the Louisiana State Police-Criminal Investigations Division, Terrebonne Parish Narcotics Task Force, Lafourche Parish Narcotics Task Force, US Department of Homeland Security and the US Drug Enforcement Administration (D.E.A.) have conducted an investigation into a methamphetamine trafficking organization operating in the Troop C area, Harrell said.
The organization was responsible for importing multiple pounds of methamphetamine and marijuana into Terrebonne Parish from Texas and California.
The narcotics were then sold from different Terrebonne Parish residences to other distributors and users from Terrebonne Parish, Lafourche Parish and St. Mary Parish, said Tpr. Harrell Tuesday.
Troopers and agents have made earlier arrests throughout the investigation involving the primary violators and seized about 130 pounds of marijuana, 5.2 pounds of methamphetamine, three firearms and over $100,000 in assets used to facilitate narcotics activity including US currency and two vehicles, stated Harrell.
Those arrested prior to last week’s operation were as follows:
1. Richard Strother - Distribution Of Methamphetamine
2. Tessie Arceneaux - Distribution Of Methampehtamine
3. Gerard Desoto - Possession With Intent To Distribute Marijuana
The operation was culminated with the arrest of 15 individuals the week of Oct. 7-13 who were involved in the street-level distribution network of the organization.
Those arrested last week were as follows:
1. Jamie Plaisance of 135 Mathilde Lane, Gray, La., Possession With Intent To Distribute Methamphetamine
2. Katie Cunningham of 103 Lewald Drive, Houma, Possession With Intent To Distribute Methamphetamine
3. Kelton Rembert of 205 Richard Drive, Houma, Possession With Intent To Distribute Methamphetamine
4. Jeremy Bueche of 8520 E. Park Ave., Houma, Possession Of Methamphetamine
5. Michael Head of 310 Giracie Lane, Gheens, La., Possession Of Methamphetamine
6. Brian Martin of 410 Barrilleaux Street, Lockport, La., Possession Of Methamphetamine
7. Riley Grimmette of 7472 HWY 308, Lockport, Possession With Intent To Distribute Methamphetamine
8. Francis Toups Jr. of 9106 HWY 1, Lockport, Possession Of Methamphetamine
9. Robbie Leblanc of 7472 HWY 308, Lockport, Possession Of Methamphetamine
10. Perry Blanchard of 1005 Barrilleaux Street, Lockport, Possession Of Methamphetamine
11. Paul Loupe of 185 Emile Drive, Lockport, Possession Of Methamphetamine
12. Randy Sagona Jr. of 310 Cypress Village, Houma, Possession Of Methamphetamine
13. Gerald Lebouef Jr. of 4344 Country Drive, Bourg, La., Possession Of Methamphetamine
14. Randy Loupe of 185 Emile Drive, Lockport, Possession Of Methamphetamine
15. Chase Possiterry of 200 Progressive Drive, Houma, Distribution Of Methamphetamine.
All 15 subjects were arrested without incident and booked into the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office Jail.
The Louisiana State Police on-line reporting system is also available to the public through a convenient and secure reporting form that is submitted to the appropriate investigators.
Citizens can access the form by visiting www.lsp.org and clicking the 'Suspicious Activity' link.