Some materials that should NEVER be burned are:
• Plastic and other synthetic materials
• Tires and other rubber products
• Paints, household and agricultural chemicals
• Asphalt shingles, heavy oils, wire
• Newspaper, cardboard and other paper products
• Buildings and mobile homes
Outdoor fires pollute the air and can make it difficult to breathe. Citizens can call DEQ to report illegal open burning at 225-219-3640 or call the DEQ regional office that serves your parish. You may call the regional office for any environmental issue or complaint with the information below:
• Northwest Regional Office in Shreveport is Larry Baldwin, Regional Manager, at 318-676-7227.
Parishes served: Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, De Soto, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, Webster
• Northeast Regional Office in Monroe is Larry Baldwin, Regional Manager, at 318-362-5439 in Monroe and 318-487-5656 in Pineville.
Parishes served: Avoyelles, Caldwell, Catahoula, Concordia, East Carroll, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, La Salle, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Rapides, Richland, Tensas, Union, West Carroll and Winn
• Southwest Regional Office in Lake Charles is Billy Eakin, Regional Manager, at 337-491-2667.
Parishes served: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis and Vernon
• Southeast Regional Office in New Orleans is Mike Algero, Regional Manager, at 504-736-7701; in Lafourche, 985-532-9945.
Parishes served: Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist, St. Charles, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, Washington
• Acadiana Regional Office in Lafayette is Ray Clement, Regional Manager, at 337-262-5584.
Parishes served: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary and Vermilion
• Capital Regional Office in Baton Rouge is Bobby Mayweather, Regional Manager, at 225-219-3600.
Parishes served: Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, St. James, St. Martin, Tangipahoa, West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana.