"The parade is almost here, and we are looking forward to a great turnout and hopefully great weather!" said Chamber manager Charmaine Efferson.
The start of the parade has been moved up from 4 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. The Chamber reminds floats that are toward the back of the line-up to consider lighting their float since sunset for Dec. 15 is scheduled for 5:06 p.m. and it will be getting dark.
Instructions/rules for floats in Zachary's Christmas Parade:
• Each entrant must display entry # on left side of the windshield or on the left side of your float for the judges to be able to I.D. you. Make it large enough for judges to be able to read it - number can be handwritten or printed.
• Leblanc's Grocery parking lot can be used as staging area that morning. Organizations are asked to carpool in as few vehicles as possible to avoid congestion.
• The parade route will follow Hwy. 64 from LeBlanc's and end at Ridgeway Street - the last street on the right before Hwy 19. Carpools should be waiting at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church to eliminate confusion at the parade’s end. Floats will not be allowed to stop or unload on Ridgeway Street.
• Line up numbers will be placed along Hwy 64. between Leblanc's and the Brec Park. Please line up in front of your number at 3 p.m. After line-up, participants are asked to remain with their vehicles until the parade starts. (PLEASE NOTE: Your spot begins where number stake is in the ground!)
• Marching groups are asked to keep pace with the parade by using moving dance routines that will not create gaps and cause delays in the parade.
• ATV and motorcycle riders must adhere to the mandatory state helmet law. They must also exercise caution in operating their vehicles. No reckless driving will be tolerated before, during or after the parade. Vehicles must remain parked until the start of the parade. Anyone under legal driving age on ATVs or motorcycles, must be accompanied by an adult.
• You must be at least 21 years of age to drive a vehicle in the parade. This includes cars, trucks, vans and ALL vehicles.
• All entrants must provide their own throws. Approved throws include individually wrapped candy, beads, cups and small toys. No sharp or dangerous objects allowed.
• No alcoholic beverages allowed.
• No profane or obscene signs, acts, objects, clothing or language allowed.
• No participant may be dressed as Santa Claus!
• ATTENTION Horse riders: You must be at Zachary Youth Park by 2:45 p.m. to present your paperwork to the State Veterinarian for the Coggins Test and receive your tag. You will not be allowed to ride in the parade without this tag!
2012 Parade Line-Up:
1 ZPD Motorcycle Lead
2 Police Chief David McDavid
3 Mayor David Amrhein
4 Zachary City Council
5 Zachary Fire Dept
6 Zachary Fire Dept
7 ZPD DARE
8 ZPD CADETS
9 ZPD DARE
10 EBRP Sheriff Sid Gautreaux
11 Judges Chip Moore & Charlene Charlet Day, and Metro Councilman Trae Welch
12 City of Zachary Employees
13 Zachary High School Marching Band & Flags
14 Zachary High School Cheerleaders
15 Coca Cola 18 Wheeler
16 Baton Rouge EMS
17 Infant Little Miss Zachary - Queen Kennedy Price
18 Toddler Miss Zachary - Queen Haleigh Anderson
19 Tiny Miss Zachary - Queen Hayley Barrett
20 Little Miss Zachary - Queen Presleigh Stagg
21 Jr. Teen Zachary - Queen Addie Robinson
22 Pre-Teen Miss Zachary - Queen Grace Robertson
23 Teen Miss Zachary - Queen Victoria Jones
24 Miss Zachary - Queen Taylor Hebert
25 Northwestern Middle School Band
26 Nouveau Coiffure
27 The Building Block of Zachary, LLC
28 Guidry Family
29 The Next Step Performing Arts Center
30 Yogurt Bayou Frozen Yogurt
31 Butterfly Kisses Dancewear, LLC
32 American Gateway Bank
33 Fitness Design for Women
34 Fennwood Hills Country Club
35 Children's Moving Co/Zachary Center for Performing Arts
36 Boy Scouts of America Pack 46
37 360 Christian Center
38 Guaranty Bank & Trust Co.
39 Krispy Kreme
40 The Jambalaya Shoppe
41 Don Lyn Florist & Gifts
42 Molly Myers Dance Academy
43 Denver Sign Supply Co.,Inc.
44 Corkern's Home Maintenance & Repair
46 Turning Point Dance Studio
47 Y Farms Kennels
48 Edgar Smith Carpenter Services
49 Universal Children's Learning Academy, LLC
50 Louisiana Pit Perfect Caterers
51 Lakeview Lodge
52 Lee's Towing, LLC
53 FastLane of Zachary
54 Pampered Pooch & Game Time Eatery
55 Rhett Lormand F350 Monster
56 Feliciana Federal Credit Union
57 American Cancer Society
57A Miller & Daughter Mortuary
58 E Federal Credit Union
59 Colt's Organization
60 Colt's Organization
61 Colt's Organization
62 Superior Ford
63 Superior Ford
64 LeBlanc's Food Stores
65 Compassionate Healthcare Services
66 New Pilgrim Baptist Church Children's Choir
67 Zachary Karate
68 Peter Rock Youth Choir
69 Zachary Jr. Broncos B Team & cheerleaders
70 Zachary Jr. Bronco D Team & cheerleaders
71 Dakota Sky Racing
72 Zachary Community School Board
73 Brian Motor Sports, LLC
74 Zachary Kiwanis Club
75 Zachary United Methodist Church
76 Louisiana Eagles Football
77 The Rock Church
78 Farm Bureau Queen
79 First Baptist Church Zachary
80 Motorcycle Awareness Campaign
81 The Barber Clinic
82 Frank O's Pest Control, LLC
83 Northeast High FFA
84 Georgia Pacific Corporation
86 Last of a Dying Breed Riding Club
88 Greenwell Springs Youth Riders
89 Cooper Vet Horse Group "Angels Among Us"