Dr. Monteic Sizer, former mayoral candidate, touched on qualities and traits that males should not exhibit, such as wearing trousers below the waist.
Pastor Michael L. Smith of New Covenant Christian Center expounded on the topic, "You Are Not Alone," and brought out the following points:
1. God -- You must have a personal relationship with Him.
2. Yourself -- Know who you are.
3. Wisdom -- The principle and foundation of everything. Listen, be open to receive wisdom and take it from others.
4. A Man of God -- Hear your preacher.
5. A Mentor -- Someone to look up to, be accountable to and already where you are trying to go.
6. A True Friend -- Someone to talk to about anything and be transparent.
7. A Help Mate -- Not a piece of meat.
Partnerships can make or break a relationship when partners don’t share the same values or can't agree on an ultimate goal. Personal convictions cannot be compromised. Never surrender to selfish demands when one partner benefits while the other loses. Good partnerships are when everyone enjoys and benefits. They foster interdependence, not dependence.
Church services at New Covenant Christian Center are 11 a.m., Sundays and 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays.