This is the first time the hospital has received this award.
The annual Nightingale Awards are sponsored by the Louisiana Nurses Foundation and the Louisiana State Nurses Association to recognize excellence in nursing and quality service in the nursing and healthcare industry.
The Nightingale Award for Acute Care Hospital of the Year is based on five criteria:
• innovation through nursing leadership and management
• organizational support of nursing practice
• evidence of registered nurse decision making and participation in management decisions
• recognition of registered nurse achievements
• support of nursing participation in professional organizations.
"Lane Regional Medical Center seeks to provide progressive, competent and caring healthcare service to the patients we serve," said Jennifer Johnson, Chief Nursing Officer. "Nurses at Lane are the embodiment of these to the patient at the point of care. It is an honor and privilege for me to lead and work with the outstanding nursing staff at Lane."
“We are proud of this recognition on the state-wide level,” said Randy Olson, Chief Executive Officer. “We have a phenomenal group of professionals who work at Lane, and it is great that the judges from outside Louisiana confirmed that by this Award. Our efforts are ongoing to ensure the patients who receive services here are giving the very best care possible at all times.”