• ABI Screening for Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.)
- The ankle brachial index (ABI) is a noninvasive, ultrasound test that detects potential blockages that may restrict blood flow within your leg arteries. These blockages are one component of a disease process referred to as Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD).
• Carotid Artery Screening for Stroke
- a noninvasive, ultrasound test that detects potential blockages within the carotid arteries resulting from plaque buildup. The carotid artery is located within your neck and is one of the main arteries that supplies blood to your brain. A sudden decrease in blood flow to the brain may lead to a stroke.
• AAA Screening for Abdominal Aneurysm
- a noninvasive, ultrasound test that checks for an abnormal dilation of the abdominal aorta. The abdominal aorta is the major blood vessel that transports blood from your heart to your legs. This abnormal dilation results in a “ballooning” of the abdominal aorta that may potentially rupture.
Participants must be 55 or older. Screening is by appointment only. Please call 225-654-LANE (5263) to register today.