Baker PD's Sgt. Greg Brown inhaled fumes at a Winside Drive home as he was assisting Zachary Police in the arrest of a woman wanted on a probation violation, said Baker Police Chief Mike Knaps.
Worried Brown may have breathed in chemicals used in the making of methamphetamine, a call was made to the Baker Fire Department and the Baton Rouge Fire Department’s Hazardous Materials Unit.
Upon arrival, firefighters examined the interior of the home and
determined that the fumes came from a lantern, which was gas-fueled and which was being used for lighting the interior of the home, said Knaps.
The residence had no electrical service, he said.
EMS personnel treated Brown at the scene, and Chief Knaps said the officer is doing fine.
Traffic to Winside Drive was blocked by Baker firefighters until hazardous materials investigators advised that the house did not have an explosive chemicals inside.