All applications are taken on a first come, first served basis according to the names on the waiting list. To be placed on the waiting list for assistance, please call on Friday mornings between the hours of 8 a.m. and Noon to your local Office of Social Services location based in the community centers around the Parish.
Applications will be taken beginning Monday, Feb. 4. Applications are taken by appointment only.
An eligible household is one whose total income is at or below the levels listed in the table below and who have not received a previous benefit within the past six months.
Applicants must provide, at a minimum, the following documentation at the time the application is taken:
(1) Copies of each household member’s social security card
(2) Proof of income of all household members age 18 or older
(3) Acopy of an energy bill (must be within the last 12 months)
(4) A photo I.D. of the applicant
(5) Another document which was mailed to the applicant at the service address indicated on the energy bill and which lists the same address as the service address on the energy bill. If it is determined additional documentation is required the applicant will be notified at the time of application.
Households reporting Zero Income must provide additional documentation. All information provided is subject to verification. Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution of the applicant and anyone assisting in the misrepresentation.
Income eligible applicants who have received a Disconnect Notice and who have not received assistance for a Disconnect Notice in the prior 12 months may also apply.
Household size - Maximum Income per household per month
1 - 1,739
2 - 2,275
3 - 2,810
4 - 3,345
5 - 3,880
6 - 4,415
7 - 4,516
8 - 4,616
9 - 4,716
10 - 4,817
Office of Social Services LIHEAP Application sites located in Parish Community Centers:
• Central Office
4523 Plank Road
70807 (North of Blount Rd.)
70811 (North of Hooper Rd.)
• Chaneyville Community Center
13211 Jackson Road
70739 (North of Hooper Rd.)
• Rural Program
5736 Rollins Road