Neighbors reported smoke coming from the home about 2:37 p.m. last Saturday. Once firefighters arrived and made entry into the residence, Ward said they discovered a small fire burning above the stove in the kitchen.
After extinguishing the blaze, firefighters searched the residence and found no one inside the home.
Ward said some charring of the rafters and the roof above the fire area were noted, as well as a burner, which had been left on beneath a cast iron skillet.
Homeowners arrived at the scene once the blaze was extinguished and were informed that a lit burner was the cause of the fire.
About $30,000 in damage was caused, but no injuries were reported in the incident, Ward said.
EMS and Baker Police also responded to the scene.