Many season opener games between schools were cancelled altogether due to the storm and residual flooding.
However, coaches have been working on maintaining their players' focus and concentrating on playing good football for the first big game. Many of which will be played tonight.
One such big alteration to high school football was the season opener between father Dale Weiner and son Neil Weiner, of Catholic High and Zachary respectively.
Surely that match-up breeds conversation for many a night in the Weiner households.
The ZHS vs. Catholic-Baton Rouge game which was set to play Friday, Aug. 31, was rescheduled for Saturday, Sept. 1, at 11 a.m. in Bronco Stadium due to Hurricane Isaac.
That game was cancelled.
The Broncos were then scheduled to play Southern Lab on Sunday, Sept. 2, at 5 p.m. That game was played, and the Broncos emerged victorious with a 65-40 win.
Then the Broncos were set to go on the road to Thibodaux to play the Tigers. But that game has been moved to Zachary, where the Broncos will play on home turf. Again.
Does it matter where you play? Yes, it does. Just ask LSU.
Friday Night Lights lineup for Sept. 7.
Kick-off for all games is 7 p.m.
• Zachary Broncos (4-5A) host Thibodaux Tigers (7-5A) in Bronco Stadium
• St. Thomas More (5-4A) vs. Central (4-5A) @ Central Middle School
• Belaire (6-4A) @ Northeast (7-2A)
• Baker (6-3A) @ Brusly (7-3A)
• Live Oak (4-5A) @ Redemptorist (7-2A)
• Parkview (6-3A) @ Scotlandville (4-5A)
• Tara (6-4A) @ W. Feliciana (6-3A)
• E. Feliciana (6-3A) vs. Capitol (7-2A) @ Memorial Stadium
• Mandeville (6-5A) vs. Catholic-Baton Rouge (5-5A) @ Olympia Stadium
• Port Allen (7-3A) @ Pointe Coupee Central (6-1A)
• Catholic-Pointe Coupee (6-1A) @ Hanson (8-1A)