The round-up resulted in several arrests. A total of six people were arrested, five from Zachary, and 20 warrants were cleared, said EBRSO.
Agencies/divisions involved in the round-up included EBRSO Warrants, SCAT (Street Crimes Arrest Team), Narcotics, K-9, EBRSO Zachary Substation and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement).
Those arrested included:
• D'Morscea Williams, 26, 3130 Bartlett, Baton Rouge, fugitive of Baton Rouge City Court
• April George, 34, 4642 Ave. C, Zachary, fugitive of Zachary City Court and Baker City Court
• Jason Richard, 30, 4743 Ave. F, Zachary, fugitive of Zachary City Court
• Robert Holden, 32, 4227 W. Central Ave., Zachary, fugitive of Baker City Court
• Leonard Murray, 33, 4619 Avenue B, Zachary, speeding, driving under suspension, fugitive of Baker City Court and Zachary City Court
• Melissa Harris, 25, 21680 Ligon Rd, Zachary, no driver's license on person and fugitive of Zachary City Court
In related news, Zachary Police Chief David McDavid says the Zachary Police Department will be actively pursuing persons whose names appear on Zachary's warrant lists beginning some time in November.
"We will begin picking people up after Oct. 31," said McDavid. "It's strongly urged that anyone who has an outstanding warrant contact Zachary City Court to resolve the matter immediately or risk being picked up from your home or business by law enforcement."
The ZPD warrant lists, which appear weekly in the Zachary Plainsman-News and online at Zacharytoday.com, are part of an effort to help clear the outstanding warrants from Zachary City Court dockets, McDavid said.
"We're going to start taking a more aggressive approach after Halloween," said the Zachary police chief.
If you believe you may have an outstanding warrant for speeding, a seat belt violation, driving under suspension or driving without a license, issuing worthless checks, DWI or any other offense, contact Zachary City Court immediately at 225-654-0044.