Rotary, an organization dedicated to providing humanitarian service, encouraging high ethical standards and building goodwill, has named the Zachary Citizen of the Year for the past 27 years.
Nominees should be a resident/citizen of the Zachary community who exhibits the several characteristics. They must be a:
• Citizen whose life is consistent with the philosophy of Rotary: Service above Self
• Citizen who volunteers and is active in the community and with civic organizations
• Someone who as contributed to the community on a consistent basis
• Citizen who has touched the lives of other residents
• Citizen who may have represented Zachary or the interests of Zachary on a state or national level
• Citizen who has made contributions to the community above and beyond the scope of his or her job or position
• Citizen who displays traits of leadership, compassion, strong moral character and a desire to make Zachary a better place to live
If you know of such an individual, please submit in writing a brief outline of the accomplishments of the nominee to one of the following individuals by e-mail:
• Scott Buzhardt at email@example.com
• James Castello at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bill Gaines at email@example.com
• Mack Lea at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dewey Mizell at email@example.com
The person chosen as the 2012 Citizen of the Year will be honored at the annual Zachary Chamber of Commerce banquet on Thursday, Oct. 18.
In 2011, Ed Canning and Harry Morris shared the honor of Zachary's Citizen of the Year award.
In 2010, Hubie Owen was the recipient of the distinguished award.
Please send your nominations in soon!